Sewing Vloggers

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Little Blue Dress Begins

I have my insert pleated in prep for the smocking. I chose a lovely white batiste Ima bequeathed me. The pleats are really packed and maybe I should have backed it but I think it will be OK. I am using a plate that is quite dense which should compliment all the blue fabric.It is from issue 100 of Sew Beautiful.

Tomorrow I hope to be able to photo the top I just finished. Overall its cute but sewing on a poly and lycra charmeuse was a bear and not one I am experienced at. Any hints you may have please let me know when I put up the post. TIA....Bunny


3 comments:

  1. I agree. I think the batiste will be okay. Great fabric, plate, and floss.

    Enjoy smocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to start a new project? All those ideas and dreams all fresh and new, and before any dang problems set in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun this project will be. I look forward to following it.

    Nonie

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...