Sewing Vloggers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Tiny AG Bishop

I cut this little bishop out last night and got it stitched and pleated this morning. At this point 4 rows of smocking are complete. I may finish this tonight. Once I started smocking I realized these sure look like Mardi Gras colors to me! The fabric is a lovely hanky linen.

I like to hem the sleeves flat. For this dress I used a technique found in my tutes, the Piped Hem.  What I then did was a catch stitch in orange floss  across the hem above the piping.
Next is a pair of pants that need a muslin made, rather different than my usual....Blogger is giving me grief so I will try to get my other pic up later....Bunny

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast you are! Can't wait to see the finished dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I can't wait to see the finished article. You are quick too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these smocking projects you do - they are so filled with beautiful detail. Since I don't do smocking, I have to admire from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sleeve detail. It adds such a punch of colour against that hanky linen

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...