Sewing Vloggers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The BB Dress Bow

This morning I finished the bow for the back of the dress. It' an important feature of the design as you will see. I have decided to also do some additional embroidery on the BB part of the dress so it will be a bit longer before the full unveiling. Hmmmm, what's that BB stand for?
The bow is interfaced with a hair canvas that has been preshrunk. The HCanvas is cut on the bias. This will be attached to the back of the dress with a few tacks on the left and on the right with snaps so it won't interfere with putting the dress on and off. No big fussy sash and bow. Sophie is getting a bit older and this tailored bow will be more appropriate I think. Now to go work on the BB part. ...Bunny

13 comments:

  1. BB...I'm guessing buttons & bows. This is beautiful; can't wait to see the final reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bow! I'm so glad you alluded to there still being a mystery about "BB" because I thought I had missed something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so perfect - you even cut the bow band with the stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. The piping is sweet and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the piping and the striped center, very tailored and grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the only one in the dark about what BB stands for. Beautiful bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore bows like this! And yours is so beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bunny's Baby???
    Designdreamer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bow, Bunny. Love the hairfacing idea. I'll definitely be trying that next.

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...